recipes

According to my Mom I’ve been preparing my own food since I was three years old, here’s some of what I’ve been cooking lately.

DeWALT Chili

I “cooked” up this recipe for the Daytona 500 party I was having and fortunately it snowed like hell and nobody came over so I ate it all myself!

Cubed top round steak, black beans, jalapenos, corn, onions, garlic, cayenne, paprika and cumin to taste, garnish with cilantro and squeeze of lime, served with Southern Jalapeno Corn Bread. Pics

Fat Tire Steak and Muddy Eggs

As far as traditions go, this one is pretty cool.

At the end of a long weekend of mountain biking, eating and drinking and being merry you tend to have a lot of miscellaneous food items left over. So every year during our annual trip to The Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival on Sunday morning before we ride the Rock Lake Trail we have to clean out the frig and it’s my job to combine all the food into breakfast for the whole crew.

Over the years the ingredients kind of remained the same, steak, eggs, potatoes and onions, this year we had plenty of all of them! The only thing I found left over this year along with the standards was a package of smoked sausage’s that Retro Ron had brought with him and a half of bottle of Pale Ale.

The process was pretty straight forward, I started by browning the potatoes and onions which Dolan was nice enough to clean and cut for me, after they were under way I started browning the sausages. While all of that was cooking I threw the steak in a pan and started mixing the eggs, we had a dozen and a half left perfect for eight guy’s, I didn’t know it when I found it but the bottle of Stone Mills Pale Ale was about to change the way we cook eggs from here on out, I added the half bottle of beer to the eggs and threw 90% of them into the pan and cooked them with the potatoes and sausage, and in a trick I picked up from Julia Child when the eggs were still nice and soft I turned off the heat and added the other 10% of the egg mixture and let the heat of the dish finish cooking the eggs, perfect scrambled eggs every time!

The Pale Ale really added a nice flavor to the eggs and seamed to play off the smoke flavor of the sausage pretty well, also it added a nice brown shade to the eggs hence the name Muddy Eggs and since that was the only mud we saw all weekend that was just fine with us. Pics

Hot Diggity Dog Giggity, Jalapeno Mac and Cheese Doodely.

Of course the mac and cheese was home made and the jalapeno’s fresh from the garden but the hot dogs I’m not to sure about!!

Variations,

Shrimp and Two Pepper, Cayenne and HOT Banana

Cheddar Brats, Beer and Jalapeno’s

World Record 10 Egg Denver Omelet

Standard Denver ingredients, FFFirst I FFFried it, then I FFFlipped it, then I FFFilled it then I FFFolded it, then I FFFilet it FFFrenchie!!! PPPics

 

Squeaky’s BBQ Sauce

Basic BBQ sauce ingredients, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, honey, brown sugar, dried jalapeno and sweet peppers and the special ingredient Squeaky Fromme’s favorite drink I added Jack Daniels and a can of Coke Classic. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO MIX THESE TWO INGREDIENTS!! adjust flavor to your liking, you can cook with it right away but it gains flavor over night in the fridge.

Beer Can Chicken

I found this recipe on America’s Test Kitchen and decided to give it a try. It really comes out nice, juicy inside-crisp outside. The only deviations from the recipe were I added some Jack Daniels to the cedar chips, I poured a couple of shot’s over them right before they went on the fire, maybe next time I’ll soak them first than drink the leftover cedar flavored Jack! The other was I added fresh Green Beans and Red Onions in the drip pan to cook in the heat and juices from the chicken, I haven’t seen that in any of the recipes I’ve seen but it really worked well! Pics.

Cajun Seasoning

This recipe makes eight cups, to make less you do the math.

  • 1 Cup granulated garlic
  • 1 Cup cayenne pepper
  • 3/4 Cup ground white pepper
  • 3/4 Cup ground black pepper
  • 1/2 Cup thyme
  • 3 Cups paprika
  • 1 Cup granulated onion
  • 1/2 cup salt

Tried it, Liked it!

Beer Can Chicken

Spinach Bacon Quiche

Graham Cracker Crust

Haven’t tried it yet, but I’m sure I’ll like it!

Fried Oyster salad with Corn-Jalapeno relish The recipe was “donated” by Emeril Lagasse, BAMMM!

Jalapeno Jerk Baby Back Ribs with Pineapple Barbecue Sauce

Ginger mint butter

Jalapeno pancake’s

Fontina/basil/egg pizza

DEEP FRIED SOFT BOILED EGGS!!!!!!!!! I really gotta try this one soon!

Noodle Caboodle!!!

A1 Sauce and beer

Tennessee Whiskey Mustard Glaze.

French Fry Samich with chili aioli, heard it on Ming Tsai

Shrimp Catfish Patties

Waffle Burgers

Angry and Killer Shrimp

Links

bbqu.net

foodnetwork.com

www.ming.com

Wisconsin Foodie

Mexican Everyday, Rick Bayless


Leave a Reply